What’s cookin’ in your lovely life? Thanks to the lovely and talented Heidi Larsen of FoodieCrush magazine for this delicious salad idea.
Chopped Egg Caesar Salad with Hash Brown Croutons
from Cook Without a Book by Pam Anderson | serves 4
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise, light or regular
- 1 medium garlic clove, sliced, smashed with the flat blade of a knife, then minced to a paste
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Whisk the lemon juice, mayonnaise, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oil to make a creamy dressing. Stir in the Parmesan.
Croutons and Salad
- 4 frozen hash brown patties, unthawed, cut into 1-inch squares1 generous tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large romaine hearts, halved lengthwise, cored and chopped (about 8 cups)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Place the frozen hash brown squares in a medium bowl, drizzle with the oil, and toss to coat.
- Add the hash browns to the hot skillet and cook, turning the cubes only once, until crisp and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand uncovered.
- Place the lettuce and eggs in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat
- Add the has browns and toss again. Add the Parmesan and toss once more. Serve immediately with more Parmesan cheese if you’d like.
If this post added a little lovely to your day, please share and subscribe to Your Lovely Life.