Beverly from Open Road Writing shares the following recipes to cool off your summer.
One of the loveliest ways to enjoy summer is indulging in fresh fruit, and watermelon is one of the most refreshing. These recipes have a laid-back summery attitude—improvise at will!
Makes 2 glasses
I make a pitcher of these when I get in from a bike ride for a shot of instant refreshment. Don’t sweat over measurements, but do try to keep a balanced proportion of watermelon to ice and water.
- 2 cups chunked watermelon
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup seltzer water
- 5-7 mint leaves, ripped
- Place all ingredients.
- Blend to desired smoothness.
- Pour into glass.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
Sometimes a little surprise is in order. Startle your taste buds with this simple twist.
- Chili powder
- Cut watermelon into quarters.
- Slice into approximately 1” thick triangles with the rind intact.
- Squeeze lime juice over slices.
- Sprinkle with chili powder.
Watermelon Picnic Salad
The salty cheese enhances the fruit’s sweetness perfectly.
- 4 cups watermelon
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 2 T crumbled feta cheese
- Cut watermelon into bite-sized chunks.
- Place in large bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over watermelon and mix.
- Shred and sprinkle mint over watermelon.
- Sprinkle feta over fruit when ready to serve.
If this post added a little lovely to your day, please share and subscribe to Your Lovely Life.