potato & rosemary pizza recipe
makes 1 medium pizza
- 1/2 quantity of pizza dough (recipe below)
- 1 large potato, finely sliced
- 1 small sprig rosemary
- pinch chilli flakes, optional
- bocconcini, optional
- prepare oven and dough as per pizza base recipe.
- toss potato slices in a few tablespoons of olive oil with rosemary and chilli, if using. season generously.
- arrange potato slices over pizza base. top with cheese, if using.
- bake for 5 – 10 minutes or until the base is golden and the potato is just cooked. serve hot.
pizza dough recipe
makes 2 medium pizzas
- 250g (8.8oz) bread flour
- 160g (5.6) water
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- semolina, optional
- place a pizza stone on the base (floor) of your oven and preheat it on its highest setting.
- combine flour, water, yeast and salt in a bowl until the mixture comes together.
- transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for at least 5 minutes, preferably 10. try to add as little flour as possible.
- lightly oil a bowl and pop the dough back in. cover and stand for at least 1/2 hour but preferably an hour.
- divide dough into 2 and roll out on a lightly floured surface using a rolling pin until the pizza is about 25cm (12in diameter).
- scatter a pizza peel or baking tray with semolina, if using and top with your chosen ingredients.
Thanks to Jules Clancy from Stone Soup for this lovely recipe!
If this post added a little lovely to your day, please share and subscribe to Your Lovely Life.