Enjoy this recipe from Jules Clancy from Stone Soup. Jules has a degree in Food Science and is the author of 5 ingredients 10 minutes.
roast cherry tomatoes
serves about 10 as a starter
Inspired by St. Nigel (yep still obsessed – I know, I’m pathetic).
I love tomatoes but am often disappointed with store bought love-apples. The solution is to roast them for a while to concentrate their flavour and leave lovely tomatoey juices to mop up with bread.
There are millions of uses for these tomatoes aside from as a starter. Lovely in salads or with some baked ricotta or with some fresh green beans and pan fried white fish…
- 3 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 3T extra virgin olive oil
- 1T balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F)
- Place tomatoes in a dish large enough to hold them snugly in a single layer. Drizzle with oil and a little balsamic. Season well.
- Roast for about half and hour or until wrinkled. Serve hot or at room temp.